The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Skal, skal ikke...

Have you ever felt this split between doing the right thing, and then actually do what you want to do. Most people would argue that I should do what I want to do, however I know myself well enough to know that it is not the "right thing" to do.... At least not in the length. Sometimes I can spend hours walking around thinking about what to do, and then suddenly I run out of time and then it didn't matter if I did "a" or "b", no, I did "c" - nothing!

Another fact is, what I sometimes forget, that you should not just other people because of the choices you had. But they is always two choices (at least most of the time :)...)...We have the easy path, and then we have the hard path, nonetheless with a good reward in the end. Sometimes I tend to take the first one.

After these 1 1/2 years at this place, I have realized something, and that is the impact of attitude on Life. Sometimes attitude is even more important than the facts. It is more important than the past, what the teachers says, the money; more important than circumstances, than failures, than success.....Even more important than what other people think or say or do. The important thing is that we have a choice everyday about our attitude we will embrace for that day. It is too late to change our past... We can not change the fact that other people will act in a certain way. There are many many things we can't change. The only thing we can do is to lay the path of our own road, to play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. After being at this place (UWC) for a quite long period I have realized that Life is 20% what happens to me and 79% of how I react to it (the last percent is "Tao")....And so it is with everyone....we are in control of out Attitudes.

.....I can talk the talk, but can I walk the walk?!

/Mads - Skal, skal ikke....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home