The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Only 2 weeks more.....

So, I am sitting here in my boring office again. I still have 14 more days on the sea before I can leave this cruise-ship and relax again.
I spend most of my time reading the newspaper and answering the phone...ohh yes, I think I have seen EVERYTHING that is possible to see on the internet. Do you remember the artist Hornsleth that I wrote about earliere? He decide his price for the paintings in a very simple way. The smaller "HORNSLETH" is written on the painting, the cheaper it is.
Talking about money.... A 21 years old guy from Denmark just won 22 million danish kroner in "lotto" (A game based only on luck). 22 million is...hmm...Yes, a lot of money..... This guy is just a little farmer from the far west in jutland. He has never seen Copenhagne, his own capital, never tried any other jobs than at a fish factory, and now he is an milionaire. Damn, what would I do if I won 22 milion kroner....Hmm...okay, it is stupid even to think about, because I will never even have the chance of doing that....but still.... a library would always be nice to have....
The biggest problem will most likely be the freedom that one have when getting so much money in once.........Freedom is always a bit difficult...or what?

In truth that which you call freedom is the strongest of these chains, though its links glitter in the sun and dazzle the eyes. (Kahlil Gibran)

2 Comments:

Blogger sattva said...

Freedom freedom freedom... A confusing but rather interesting topic was touched. No wonder I attempted writing my EE on it. Of course, that did not bring me anywhere close to the answers I was looking for but to more and more questions.
You know, Fromm was using this very nice expression 'an escape from freedom'.. Quite a proper way to call it. I mean, is it not what we're constantly doing - looking for a clever way to escape from our own freedom? Of course, once again it all comes to the understanding of the concept 'freedom' itself that differs from individual to individual...
Damn, I shall stop here before I was accused of ranting about 'freedom' in order to try to sound intelligent. Can't really say much with those few words when it comes to such huge topics, so I am not really sure what was the aim of me writing this comment. Perhaps, simply couldn't resist after reading your entry...

4:50 AM  
Blogger sattva said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home