The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Monday, August 07, 2006

On Coccinellidae

"Three people died in Jbail today"....WHAT! I read it again, this time a bit slower, analyse every word...one by one..." Three (as in 3) people (as in humans like me) died (not alive anymore) in (anywhere) Bint Jbail (phew....I missed the Bint before) today...(like yesterday and tomorrow)..

Jbail is the name of Yara's town, the town is 42 KM north from Beirut, hence not in the dangerzone.... I can breath again... Yes, I know that Yara is not there; BUT I have been to that town, I have walked in the streets there, yes, I have seen that people live there. On the 30 of July, 26 people died (16 children) in Qana, it is sad....but not that as sad as if I knew them....sad but true... If I dont want to see people dying, then I just turn off the TV, close down the internet window, smash the radio into the wall....or maybe I just go outside in the side (Enjoying it even more now), I might even go and buy an ice-cream....ahhh wonderful, the 26 people (16 children) are gladly gone from my mind. This city doesnt exist...It is only on TV.

The days are disappearing from the calender, sometimes I wonder where the days are gone. Did I really sleep whole of 21st of July away? Anyway, I can see in the calender for 2006, 2007, 2023 that I have many other days to waste, I am not in the hurried.... Hey, on the 12th of August the fighting has been going on in a month...Hmm...what did I do the last month...
1) I worked
2) I slept
3) I took walks in the sun (sometimes with ice creams)
4) I wrote a bit....read even more.

at the same time people in Israel and Lebanon has been
1) Hide in shelters
2) Been awake
3) Running from bombs (sometimes with wounds)
4) Screamt a bit... cried even more

Yeah, and so the story goes.... "What did you do in school today"
The dominos fall tonight, however I have this tendency to just run and hide away... If Fear was a flower, the garden will grow, getting closer around me.... I am not fearing for myself (why should I), but the flower grows in the places I know.....

"Your joy is your sorrow umasked" (Kahlil Gibran)