The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Monday, February 26, 2007

Meeting up with old folks

I must admit that I had periods at the college where I just wanted to run away from it. Just scream FIIIISSSSSSSSEEEE and run down to the fjord and then just start to swim until I couldn't swim further.
I had times when I was thinking: "Wauw, there are so many people I will not miss when I leave this place"...... Now, almost 2 years later, I look back and realize I was right. I have actually started to forget names of my co-years and even more of my second-years.
Still, as Life moves in mystorious ways I have met up with a lot of alumnies around the globe. Ace in Iceland, Fiorella in Peru, Donia in Israel etc. etc.
This weekend was once again one of these occasions that you don't plan, but then you meet up with alumnies.

Daniels funeral was a long day. Probably one of the longest in my Life. It was not so much the fact that Mathias, Klaus and I woke up at 03.30 in the night to take the first plane to Stockholm. It was not so much that the funeral first started at 14.00 and we had to pick up Airiin, buy flowers, etc. It was not so much that I forgot my camera bag and have to drive back and forward in trains to get it. It was not so much because we went to bed at 01.30...no, it was something else. It was just a long day. Cold, very cold - and long.

Linnea, Malin, Matilda, Lisa, Andrés and Marina were also at the funeral and in Stockholm we met with Peter, Isabell and Marie. These were not exactly people I had planned to meet when I graduated in 2005, but Daniel pulled us together.
It was hard to see the coffin with all the flowers and his photo on, however it was also very good to say goodbye.

I was travelling alone back. My plane was very delayed so I got the chance to finish an amazing book, "Norwegian Wood". It touches the subjects of Death, Love and Friendship in a very elegant way. This book, the lenght of the day, and the feelings I had inside made me think a lot about these three important things in Life. Death, Love and Friendship.
It is interesting how the book doesn't see Death as the opposite to Life, but a part of it. I think that is a very important way of thinking.
I have often been thinking about how I would like my funeral to be. I want it to be happy times. Of course there should be time for sorrow and tears, but there should be more focus on my stupidity....(first of all, it would be stupid to die now). I would like to decide the songs myself and even the speech by the priest would I like to write.... I would like people to buy me colourful flowers and wear more than just black clothes. Seems wierd...but that is how I am.
In China the colour of sorrow is white, in Denmark it is black. Seems like the world is not just black&white when it comes to funerals.

I was called to work on the night of my arrival in Denmark, I have to meet onboard the Pearl the day after, so now I am sitting here. Once again, I will have 16 days onboard this crusie ship, Pearl of Scandinavia. This first trip started pretty interesting, I was very tired in the morning, just sitting and looking at the passengers (most of them hungerover) passing by. Suddenly I get eyecontact with a man I had seen before. He doesn't reconize me right away, so I call out his name: JOHN!, Nicky sees me and says hi. I was talking with JLo about college life, all their trips around the world (I should really be a teacher at UWC) and about university - of course when Nicky is there.

And to all the Danes. Today I met Sonja Oppenhagen from Matador, Huset På Christianshavn etc. We also had Peter Mygind, Claus Meyer, Ritt Bjerregård and Bertel Haarder onboard. Don't come and say this is a crappy low-class ship! Damn, I should be a star-fu****.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home