The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Just a short message....

Hmm...I wonder if anyone reads my blog :)...anyway, I will just write a short little comment on Jordan.
The country is very different from what I saw in Israel, a lot more poor, and a lot more conservative. It is interesting to see the big split between rich and poor, and if I didn't realize at the college how spoil I am, I do it here.
I'm staying at Nareg's family, which I really enjoy. They are one of the most carring and friendly people in the world! I really felt welcome from day one when Nareg's brother showed me around in down town Amman. Nareg and I went to a refugee camp today, that was an really interesting experience to see how far the Palenstians got after 50 years, and then compare it to where Israel is.
Nareg and I are going to Petra, Wadi Rum and Aqbua (near the Red Sea) this weekend....a trip I am looking forward to.

Even though that this trip is only one month long, I learn a lot more from it that what I learned from two years with the IB. Schooling made me dumb, education like this makes me a lot more aware about myself and the world.

Salami....Mads
PS. I am planning to go to Iran next summer (when I come back from Bolivia). It only costs 1300 KR from Copenhagen to Tehran. Anyone who wants to join?!?

1 Comments:

Blogger alejandra said...

I'd join. :D

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home