The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Friday, July 22, 2005

A Postcard from Life

I'm in my summerhouse now, in the southen part of Denmark on a little island called Møn, almost as isolated as Flekke. I'm enjoying the sun, reading all the books I never got the chance to read at the college, I drink the wine I never got the chance to drink at the college, I sail in our speedboat and catch fish in the morning, all in all a wonderful vacation. However, I am also extremely stressed over all the things that I have to do. I have to plan the next years travel route in some few days...PHEW! But I am going to Iceland, Greenland and Canada next week, so I hope that I get the chance to relax a bit.

Btw, talking about catching fish...It can really make me into a vegetarian to see how the fish fight in the net when you put on board in the boat, it actually fight a lot more than human beings who are going to die! I think it is because that they don't have the idea of an after-Life, so the Life right here and now actually means something for them. That reminds me of the Satanic Bible, everyone should really try to read that book!!!

It's funny how my summerhouse hides all my deepest memories about my past, small things I never think about suddenly pop's up in my mind while I am in Søhus (the name of our summerhouse). For example yesterday when I remembered a GIANT fish that my dad caught when I was only 4 years old. How come that this GIANT fish is the ONLY thing I can remember from that age? I actually don't remember anything before that....So, a fish is my first memory...a bit sad actually... the next thing I remember was the Berlin Wall when it felt, and then when Denmark won over Germany (2-0) in Sweden in the EC in 1992. A fish, a wall, and a soccer game.....

I read in the newspaper today about a scientist who wants to do some more research in what games kids have to play to be more social. Isn't that sad.... to make social life into a research project. Why do we have to measure EVERYTHING in the modern world today?...And all the other articles are all about the same.....killings and violence...and global warming and problems in Niger, and terror in London..... Why can't they write about MY LIFE, it seems like I am the only person in this world who is lucky and have posetive thoughts....Why is it only bad news which sells newspapers?

I read Angles & Demons yesterday...I liked the Da Vinci Code a lot more....still I feel that Dan Brown is like MacD, yes for sure his books are "page-turners", but what kind of feeling do you have afterwards? yes, an empty feeling...no, read Life of Pie! It is a difficult book to finish, but when you are done WAUW!

I saw Matilda, Max and Pär last weekend....

But I still havne't heard from many of you....nevertheless, it must be good....no news are good news!

Everyone...Try to look at Mona Lisa. It is amazing how big the difference is if you look from the left side or from the right side...either she is skinny, or else she is fat....btw, talking about Mona Lisa, it is my mom's birthday today....

This is probably my second last entry for a long time in my blog (the last one is going to be my travel diary from the middle east)...because I am going for the trip of my Life soon...and I won't have time to write too much (but, yes I will try...)

The plan is:

The 23nd of july until the 7th of August: Iceland, Greenland and Canada
The 18th of august until the 26th of october: Western Sahara/Algeria
The 1st of November until the 14th of January: On Roselina (a boat which sails around the world)
The 14th of January until the end of May: Boliva during volunteer work and trying to learn a bit of spanish.
The end of May until the end of July: Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, and Brazil
The end of July to mid august: Iran or the transsiberian railroad (not planned at all)
August 2006 until august 2007: WORKING MY ASS OFF TO PAY ALL THE MONEY THAT I OWE EVERYONE!
August 2007 until August 2011: Studying journalism and maybe history...dunno for sure yet

soooooo.....I have kind of planned my Life, now I just don't hope that I fall in Love :)

/Mads - Live from Denmark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home