The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Monday, August 08, 2005

The Artic Region

I just came back from the trip of my Life, I don't know if the Middle-East or this trip was the best, however this one for sure had the most spetacular nature and some amazing people. You can read a lot more about the trip on: http://www.studentsonice.com/arctic05 , nonetheless let me explain what I saw. Volcanos, Glaciers, Polar Bears, Tons of Whales (Blue whales, killer whales, sperm whales etc), Old Viking ruins, Ice Bergs, Walruses, Seals, Ace, AK and Margret, Ottawa, Iceland, Greenland and Nunavut. All in all an amazing and "un-payable" experiences. I must mention that it was not a "tourist" trip, but actually very educational. It was kind of Higher Level E-systen with authors, experts and scientists, and I actually learned a bit more about Global Warming, furthermore I realized how ignorant people are. Let me give you an example:
I was driving with X person and explained her that the reason for the artic region is melting is because of her driving the car. She then asked me if her driving the car in DENMARK would influence the artic region!!! We still have a long way to go.

One thing which was really special was to see Global Warmings impact on the local people living in the region, this problem is not about some few animals dying, but about cultures.

I'm leaving to Western Sahara on the 18th, but I will try to write more before I go.

Mads - 4 down, 3 to go!

2 Comments:

Blogger Margret Silja said...

Det var riktigt trevligt o träffa er här hemma i Island! du kann i alla fall säga att du har druckit världens dyraste öl, träffat världens konstigaste männoskor på gratis buss och varit här på varmasta dagen i Islands historia;) Hoppas ni hadde bra resa i fortsattningen, Maggan

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU BROKE THE SKIN!!! evil evil evil, i saw it, it was broken. good one.
waay to go.
-carrie-

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home