The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Barquisimeto

I just arrived after a 6 hours long busride from Caracas to barquisimeto. I left at 07:00 this morning, but it was a totally mess to get on the metro during peak time with all my luggage. I met a really wierd Japanese guy on the bus, he was 31 and volunteering in Venezuela for the next 2 years. He didnt speak any spanish, and was just sent here because he had finished his studies; anyway, he was a nice guy and bought me nice lunch.
It was easy to see Pedros parents; especially his father looks very much like him, and both of them very EXTREMELY nice and open! They drove me to their house, the dad speaking english (almost fluent) and the mom speaking spanish (I HAVE TO LEARN THAT LANGUAGE!!). The house was a palace after my two months on the boat. Suddenly I had a bed!!! A SHOWER!!! and Susana (Pedros mom) did my laundry! I couldnt have ended up at a better place. The best part was the food that she cooked, it was fantastic, and I got to taste traditional Venezuelan food.... (not to forget the 100 tv channels and internet access)... Tomorrow, Henrique, Pedros friend, will show me around the town, and we will also go to the zoo... I must admit that this is not the hardcare backpacker Life, but I really enjoy to travel with UWC. I feel that I see a culture MUCH better when I stay with a family.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sakun Garujel

Thank you! =)

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home