The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Home Sweet Home

To come to little tiny Haslev might seems like a "farmer like" place, however, it seems more like a great metropol after having been living in Laayoune refugee camp for two months. It is really nice, and most important cosy to come back to my family, language and food - but it is also cold, stressing and confusing. I had time in the camp to think, and I didn't have to "sort out" my thoughts of what would be important and not. I never have time to think about everything I want when I am in Denmark, there are too many people, informations and offers that I have to consider, I could on the other hand just let my thoughts go witht the flow in the desert.
I thought a lot about my past, my present and my future; basically just about Life, from the most silly things (like, if you hold your first close for 10 years, would your nails go through your hand??!) to more serious things about my behaving and interaction with other people.
I also got a lot of time to read, which meant that I read Oxford Paperback Dictionary from A to Z and that I know quite a lot of capitals in the World right now.

The whole experience in the camp is impossible to describe, I came back, not only with a stomach infection, but also with a big suitcase filled with memories of a different culture and thoughts about more volunteer working in the future. I took more than 1000 pictures, plus even more with the best camera you can get; my eyes. I have met people who have changed my way of thinking, and other who have made me think that my ideas are the right :-)
I have been riding camels, slept in the sanddunes, taught totally covered women, been sick in 45 Celcius, got shower water from a little hole in the ground, gotten lost in the desert, been driving around minefields, seeing the most beautiful sunsets and sunrises, and much more.

I came back last sunday after been travelling for more than 24 hours: Laayoune, Tindouf, Algiers, Milano, Copenhagen, Haslev.....finally....Haslev. I am going back to RCN on thursday, and then I will be leaving for my next big trip on tuesday.

I have realized that the worse aspect about all this travelling is that it is so difficult to keep in contact with a lot of people; but on the other hand I also have something to talk with them about when I finally get in contact with someone.....

/Mads - busy planning his Life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home