The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hardcore backpacking :-)

I dont know if I am fit for backpacking. The day before yesterday we drove around in the car for quite a while (we had to find some people who wanted to party)...and I got really sad when I sad these people standing on the street at 03.00 to sell small pathetic flowers, yes, they have a job...but what a job....I know that I sound like a spoiled dane, but I cant help getting sad when I see people who has to do work which is below the respect of every single human being. These people on the streets in Barquisimeto really sucks up to every car which is passing by, and everyone is ignoring them...I know that I will see a lot more poverty on my way, but I just dont like it.
I spent my friday with late breakfast, of course only Venezuelan food (it has become the rule in the house that I shall only eat the local traditional food, which I am really enjoying)...then I played Domino with Tomas (Pedros brother), the family mention that Domino is a very special thing from Venezuela, I didnt want to tell them that I played Domino, every single day when I was in the Sahara....
Pedro has been arranging my whole stay in Venezuela with his friends and family over email, so Henrique (Pedros good friend) picked me up at the house to take me on a guided tour around the city. The best thing about Barquisimeto is that it is off the beaten track, which means that it is really quite and cosy...and NO TOURIST...but we got to see the 3-4 most "famous" places here, before we left for the zoo. The zoo mostly consisted of half dead, old, sad looking animals, even the lion was no king anymore. He was just sitting there all alone without any girls.... I actually felt most of the time that I was in the zoo, I mean, I WAS INSIDE the zoo...EVERYONE there was looking at me, like i was some kind of rare species... Henriquie told me that the they are not at all used to see blue eyed, tall, blond guys here...Some people even stopped up just to look at me...strange. Nevertheless, I have learned to enjoy it now. There is a reason why Venezuela almost always win Miss Universe, the girls here are really pretty. A bit like the girls on Trinidad, they have the mix of the best from every place in the world. The look like a mix between, Europeans, Africans, Asians and of course South Americans...I hav even seen a bit of greenlandic in some of them :-)...some real UWC girls...(they only have one little problem, and that is the amount of make-up that they use!
It is strange for me to come to a country where every single house look like Alcatraz, and there are policemen in front of every house as well. You need 2-3 keys to enter the house, and the same to enter your car. It must be impossible to be a thief here, dui to all the fences, and Henrique got a bit shocked when I told hium that I could leave the house without locking it, in Denmark.

We had a reunion party in the evening, but it started a bit later, because of me. They had invited all Pedros all classmate, we had the beeer and the vodka ready, however, they forgot that they were only boys in the class - and now they had a tourist, so they had to get some cute, hote latina girls. We found four girls, but they were not sure if the wanted to come. Henrique told me to get out of the car, and when the saw me, they were ready to go ( I am glad that I have learned a bit of spanish, so I knew what Hermoso, Lindo, Dulce, Maravilloso, means when they talk about me :-)...) The party was great, alcohol, some people speaking english, and dancing lessons for me...they all found it very funny that I cant dance salsa, so two cute girls spent the nigth teaching me how to dance.....NICE! We partied until 07.00 o'clock in the morning, and it was great to dance and talk...espeically to hear all the bad stories about Pedro Pablo from his good friends :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home