The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Saturday, sunset and siesta...

We woke up at 09:30 the day after the party....damn, that was early, but we had to go horse riding and hiking, so I was ready.
I got (again) a big Venezuelan breakfast table, and I could feel it was going to be a good day. Henrique father drove us out to the farm, which is 1 1/2 hour outside Barquisimeto, the landscape was fantastic, mountains, open areas and sometimes extremely green. First we went to the waterfall, we had to walk down a little stream for 20 min. in some "rainforest" look-alike area before we could take a shower under the waterfall...wonderful!
Then we went back to find a horse for me, so I could be Clint Eastwood in the sunset. We rode around the farm, and I felt for a moment that this was true travelling. Stay with a local family, go to the countryside, and ride horses in the sunset....Life is beautiful.
I will leave for Quito tomorrow, I will drive through Columbia which will take me aruond 2 days. I feel quite safe about Columbia, but I dont want to stay there for longer, as long as my spanish is what it is.... I am planning to meet with Mette and her friend very soon...so everything seems to work out quite well until now.
I will add some pictures to my blog next week!
CIAO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home