The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Monday, January 23, 2006

A short update from Lima

I arrived in Lima 4 hours before I expected....And that is in South America! The reason was that the drivers was totally crazy, damn he drove fast! And non-stop from Trujillo to Lima! Peru seems a lot more dry and desertlike compare to Ecuador; but I have only seen the coast until now!
I am staying with Fiorellas family, and they know more than well how it is to have UWC guest. Let me mention some of them: Ragnhild, Erik, Tessa, Isabell, Andres, Hans, Frederik etc., and soon they will have Mette staying as well.
I spent the first day with chilling around in downtown with the father, but instead of churches, we ended up discussing everything from Satre to Bukowski.....all in spanglish :-S...Then we said goodbye to Fiorella who was going back to Macalister... Yesterday, I was playing, fusball, football and basketball with the father and the sons...
When i took the bus back from down town witht the father on the first day, we saw a person who got kicked and then stabbed many times with a knife, in the middle of the street. In the beginning I really wanted to see this "Hollywood like action", but afterwards I felt sick.....Everyone was looking in the bus, some with horror, other with pleasure....what a world!
Apart from this, Lima is nice...but also a lot of smog here!
Goodbye from 30 C....
Mads

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mads nice to know about you on your blog. We are happy to know you arrived safely to Lima. We received Pablo's message. Take care and enjoy South America.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home