The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Sunday, January 15, 2006

A little thing I wrote:

I often enjoy my travels vicariously

I am a gregarious type, but I travel only with my shadow

I don’t want to act obsequious when I meet other people, but I often feel I do

It could maybe be because I am a maudlin person

I think that my travels is a sublimate, but for what, I do not know

I am a wanton, not an ascetic

- But maybe I will effete?



Sometimes I want to people to ostracize me, other times I want to people to listen

Maybe this is my faith; nevertheless, I am not a fatalist.

I still think that most people are egoist; still I experienced altruism on my way.

I have met people who were jingoist, others who where stoic – but they are all the same.

I have met cynics who believed in misogamy and misanthropy

I have met lenient people who believed in monogamy and philanthropy



On Cape Verde I met a woman who was a coquette

And a man who was the circe

But I also met amazons and the Adonis

I was on a ship with a pedant, and an esthete

And I was the sycophant


I am a tyro when it comes to traveling

Although, I hope I will end up as a virtuoso

As long as I don’t end up as an philatelist or numismatist!

In Norway I was known as a dipsomaniac

Now I am just a monomaniac when it comes to traveling

I get nostalgic when I think about the past

And maybe my travels and thoughts will make me end in a state of lethargy


Is weltschmerz a natural part of maturing?

It is not that I am filled with ennui,

But still….

I am far from satiated with traveling


I am an embryologist when it comes to see the world

And I am studying anthropology everyday.

I liked the girl that I met, even though she was loquacious

She was a suave talker

Even though I am the opinionated man

She was the erudite girl that I was looking for

But I felt for the fact, that she accepted that I am a puerile man



It was an imbroglio situation

Maybe even a peccadillo

She was a panacea for me

But it ended up as a fiasco

She told me that I was an introvert

I knew she was an extrovert

She said that she was an ambivert
I was diffident the day after

She was effervescent

Am I a quixotic?


I animadverted that I was pusillanimous

I was animalcule and I had to animated

I felt as an inanimate, even though I had acted as an animal


I was de trop

Alone, so I could not feel the esprit de crops

Love was double-entendre for me

It was not par excellence

I should have been on the qui vive

It was en rapport; never more

A potpourri of feelings and thoughts

It was a coup de grace

It was faux pas


This was a monograph of a part of my travel

It turned into a monologue

I don’t hope that it was too monotone

But I will stop before it gets monotonous

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh.. did you choke on a dictionary?

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home