The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Random blog-nonsens

So autum has started. 1st of september is the end of the summer and the begining of something new for many people. Like Klaus, Mette, Louise and Pablo, there are all starting university in Denmark these days....and I am still sitting on my pathetic cruise-ship working and contemplating over my future. Life it what happens when you are planning it....
I have been taking a lot pictures lately, think I will post them when I get home to my own computer (in like, 2 weeks).....

I just read a really good article about war, and why Denmark is bound to loose. A country that is built on Humanism cannot win a war, because the country is not ready to sacrifice the cost of it. Like people dying. War is not a nice and sweet democratic thing, hence the "nice and sweet" countries will loose any war. Furthermore, the genoration that isfighting now is the smallest genoration for a long time, therefore we cannot send as many people to war as in the Second World War.

Another article I read was about the "Islamism" in Denmark these days. The term is quoted from a very respectable political commentator. He compares "Islamism" to Communism during Stalin and Nazim. Personally I think it is totally out of comparrison, of course there are some rotten aples in the basket, nevertheless there are peaceful Islamic countries. The most discussed topic these days in Denmark is immigrants and Islam. A lot of people only see anyone with a little tanned as the most evil people in the world, furthermore Islam is seen as a religion that is only based on killing of infidels. It is scary how big a part of the population who thinks these things and I am pretty sure that there will be a clash of religions/cultures in Europe within the next 20 years.

And now for something completely different....
Working in the reception I see a lot of things from the "other side of the desk". For example I have seen how clearly boys looks at girls. You can see how "boys" first take a look at the face, then breast, then legs, (----the girl is passing by) then ass and and legs again.... I know that I am generalizing now, however it is an impressing amount of boys who do it.

okay, so to come with the typical "blog comment"...: "I dont know if anyone reads this"....but if the person understand just a big of danish then go to : http://www.statravel.dk/Rejseguide/Jorden_Rundt/ROW.aspx
That link is to the next place where I will buy my next flight ticket.
For my month salary this month, I can go to :

København - Rio De Janeiro // Sao Paulo - Mexico City - Charlotte - New York City - Chicago - Anchorage - San Francisco // Los Angeles - Nadi - Auckland - Sydney - Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Bangkok - Ho Chi Minh City - Bangkok - København

Hmm...tempting...I think so....Just a bit more work, a bit less education/university and then I will go...


You are condemned to Live

I just stumble over Piet Hein grooks...He is one of the most amazing poets from DK. Here is a little one:
Love is like
a pineapple,
sweet and
undefinable

------------------------
Have you seen Lord Of War? An amazing movie, I saw it with Mette's friend (sarah) in Bolivia, and I have seen it more than 4 times since.... What is the best movie you have ever seen? I personally like Forest Gump a lot, but American Beauty, Crash, Full Metal Jacket, Citizen Kane, Amelie, are also pretty good.

In Sahara Max and I talked a lot about the best movies of our Life. Both of us agreed that Back to the Future:
Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute doc, uh, are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?
Doc Brown: The way I see it, if you're going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style.


then of course Indiana Jones:
Professor Henry Jones: I didn't know you could fly a plane.
Indiana Jones: Fly, yes. Land, no.


I guess I will be considered an idiot if I didnt include James Bond as well:
Bond: Bond...James Bond.

anyway... this ended up being all nonsens....just as I expected. So, to end with a bang.

BANG!

1 Comments:

Blogger MARIANO said...

Hi Mads!

Great blogging. Kept me smiling all along. Good observation skills and, as usual, great plans (dang!!! what a trip that would be!).

I´m sleeping little and still a bit out of whack by the shock of becoming a student again, but i think i´m on the map again, so i´ll try to keep better in touch.

You take care,

Mariano

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home