The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition (T.Leary)

Rolling Stones, B.B. King and Yasmin Levy...three names that I would have liked to seen last week. I could have gotten two free tickets to the Rolling Stones concert, I would have bought the tickets to the King of Blues (probably his last concert in Denmark) and Yasmin Levy sounds extremely interesting, she is a part of the Images of the Middleeast that is going on in DK these days. She mixes Spanish, arabic and jewish lyrics and music.

Yesterday there was a program on TV called: "Test the Nation" to find out how intelligent the Danish nation is. I got 54 out of 70 correct, I could answer the culture, history and political questions without problems but the math and sciences questions were horrible. The average was 45 correct, so I guess I did okay. I also realized that I really sucked big time in chemistry!
The test was taken by more than 100.000 Danes and it proved that Men are smarter than women, people living on Seeland is more clever than people from Jutland, and that people with glasses are more intelligent....interesting...

It was with no suprise that I read the news some days ago. The Danish youth are the youth in Europa that are drinking the most. "We" start the earliere than other people and drink even more. Why is that? Is it because it is a bit cheaper than in NOrway and Sweden? Is it because we have grown up with seeing Carlsberg and Tuborg everywhere? Is it because we are so liberal, that our parents think that we can control ourselves. Because our parents, teachers and other adults belive that if you trust young people, then they trust you....hmm.... Drinking too much is never too good, but I cant see a problem in just drinking to socialze, enjoy or have fun. To banned something is the worse you can ever do. (this doesnt include Helmuth Lotti and Sellery...you can band these two "things".)

Some scientist were discussing yesterday in the news that the Danish language is disappearing, because of all the english words that we adapt into our language. Like, computer, lighter and airbag. Then also the fancy terms as, coaching, team building, brain storming etc. Some people just tend to forget that 50% of the Danish gramma comes from German, furthermore most of our language is based on french and latin. The most funny aspect of all this is that Danes also "invent" new english words. Like the danish word "baby lift" that everything thinks is english, when it actually name in English is a carry cot.

So, news from the homefront. I will be leaving to Stockholm in two weeks together with AK. We are going to stay in Max's sisters flat together with Charley and Max. We might also see Malin and Lisa.
I just heard the song: "All that she wants" by Ace of Base, when I played it on the ship everyone suddenly started to dance and sing along. I think there is something magic about the song! How else can it make 20 people sing and dance, while they are "working"?!?
I am in Oslo today and I will most likely go and see the Nobel Museum today. It is a bit embarrising that I spend half of my Life in a city that I never see.

Todays quote is a bit insperied by Itay's birthday yesterday... It is a quote from the Best Book ever written (and was written in my bed by Alpar)
"Tu deviens responsable pour toujours de ce que tu as apprivoisé."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home