The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My clock is going towards the end...

You know when you get this feeling that you should mature faster than you are doing? Hm.. okay, maybe not. The reader of this is most likely at university and feel "very mature and intelligent", me on the other hand is working my *** off trying to get some money. As my "lack" of university studies is not enough, I discovered something very scary the other day.

I was out drinking with some of my friends. We were going to hear Martin's (my old childhood friend) band playing at a local pub. At the pub I met three of my old classmates. Three maybe doesnt sounds like a lot, however in our class we were only 8 guys and 6 girls, and now it was Martin and I and three others - so quite a lot.
The three others gave me updates on all my old classmates and I realized that I am far behind, okay, only two of them is studying at university (of all the 14 people I graduate primary school with), but the most scary part was that out of the six (6!!) girls THREE of them already have children. One of them even have two. These girls are all at least a younger than me, and one of them is "lonely" mother because her husband died in a caraccident.

Yep, so I can see that I need to settle down soon and get some children....
My biological clock is ticking....

3 Comments:

Blogger Veruska said...

i am not getting freaked out by my biological clock.. but i had a very similar experience to yours..i met up with some ppl from primary this christmas.. and we were 6 girls (what a coincidence) and two are married and have kids. Just to add to the statistics: one is at uni, two study something and i hope to go to uni next year..
so dont worry.. you are not the only one who has not entered the fields of family life.. and it cant be that bad. things have their time, dont they? ;)
ha det bra,
vera

1:49 AM  
Blogger Mathias said...

Why not adopt?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Anicko said...

It really gives you an uneasy feeling when you see your classmates getting engaged, married, settled down, having children, getting degree out of uni, finding a regular job, talking about which kindergarten to choose for the kids, starting to behave like a responsible adult.
When I came back from UWC bubble, I discovered my cousin had got engaged, he was born -88, his fiancee -89. And the same happened with another cousin, born -86. A girl in my neighbourhood, previous classmate, had been even quicker: born -86, she now has two children, being a single mother for a 2 and a 4-year-old. It's normal for people of vocational schools to do all this, but the fact that my uni friends are maturing with such hurry, too, makes me nervous at times.
The European Union defines "youth" to last till the age of 26. Taken that seriously, I'm planning to be clueless for many years to come. But that applies to children, only - I welcome a steady relationship into my life at any point.
I'm turning 21 in two months - at that age, my grandma had 4 children and a wedding ring. On the other hand, I don't think she needed to spend hours a day studying oxidative phosphorylation.

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home