The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Sunday, February 05, 2006

In La Paz

I have so much to catch up with, and so little time to write. My thoughts has been occupied by the bad news in the newspapers about the conflict between "Danes and muslims" (to put it really black and white)...
We saw a Machu Picchu, a place that everyone MUST see in South-America, even though I was a bit disappointed....We paid 110 dollars to see a bunch of tourists - especially Japanese! We hiked up the "young mountain" from where you get the best Kodak moments, and I suffered big time under the altitude....4000 METERS above sea level....(the highest mountain in DK is 177 M).
We went to Copacabana near Lake Titicaca the day after MP, and it was just like arriving to a new cusco, so many Gringos and shops...Lukily there was a carnival there, so we saw ALL the locals getting wasted in beers....one big Roskilde Festival!
La Isla del Sol was the most fantastic place I have seen in my Life, even though I only saw a little part of it. We met up with 3 UWCs from Pearson college, and totally forgot to do the "famous" hike across the island....I think I will go back to that place very soon.
We are in La Paz now, staying with Alita in her house. It is a wonderfull place to be, after all the hostals the last week....especially to be waked up by the words of Alitas mom: "buenos Dias babies...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home