The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Jeg druknede mine sorger, men de lærte at svømme.

I was walking along the harbour of Oslo some days ago. The sun was shining, the kids were smiling and I was in my sanctuary. My headphones, my music, my blazer, my camera, myself and my thoughts. I walked from my "office" at Vippetangen to the area around Akers Brygge. On my way I saw a lot people sitting and fishing at the jetty. When seeing them from behind they all looked perfectly symmetric and if there is something that a photographer like, then it is symmetry. I took a lot of pictures of them, feeling a bit like a spy or maybe a child-abuser taking pictures in the hidden. My new Canon EOS 500 makes a little click every time I press with my right index finger on the trigger. My weapon sounds like an avanlanche when trying not to destroy the moment.
After I had been walking for 15 min. I see a very peaceful man. He is just sitting there with his upper part of the body a naked and looking over the fjords. He seems in some kind of trance and doesn't regonize the people passing close by him. This is the image I was looking for... I take my dear camera in front of my eyes and focus on the objective with my left hand. A bit to the left, bit to the right...now it is there. The focus is good now. I am half done with the click, half done with the picture when I suddenly see something in the view-finder. There is reason why he is so peaceful..... There is a reason why he doesn't care about the surroundings.... a sad reason.
In the right arm, right in the muscle there is a doctors tool (and this man is not a doctor).... No one has seen that this man has an hypodermic needle in his arm..... I take one picture fast, now a bit out of focus and walks away.
Not very proffessional, no, not at all.... A "real" photographer would zoom a bit more, would go a bit closer. I am standing in the distance taking a snapshot.
Welcome to Oslo I think in myself.


I do not think that anyone can see it, but try to looking on the middle of his right arm...yes, it is there....not just a story.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home