The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Monday, November 06, 2006

My Pathetic Life as Popeye

I am still on the ship. Still working. It is quite interesting how nordics at the college were the "rich spoiled brats", and now most of the nordics have to work to survive in their own countries. Due to the simple fact that "we" come from a wealthy country we have even more difficult to get scholarships to the state. So, most student has to work for a year and save up money, before they go to the university.

The whole ship is getting decorated these days. There is only on one month and 18 days until Christmas so we are already starting the special "Christmas Dinners" etc. Damn, I really dislike Christmas.

I went to a "conference" with Klaus about studying abroad. The colleges were from France, Holland and then some few from the UK and the states. I have thought about applying for Goldsmith in London, they have a really good "Media and Communication" course there that I would like to try out...soooo, I have to start with UCAS again :-(
They told me that I should start writing a blog and publish some of my pictures so they could see what I have done until now, so I have to get started with uploading all my old articles (mostly written in Danish). I have also done this page as a first draft for a "photo page":
http://madsfred.googlepages.com
On the page you can see some of the pictures I have taken...also from my "dear" ship :-)

Klaus and I will most likely move in together from the 1st of march 2007. It of course all depends on what univeristy I get accepted to. My plans change everyday, so let's see where I am tomorrow.

Ortega is wining in Nicaragua, yet another left-turn in Latin America....

Btw, I am writing on a Manifest on Photography...just wait and see, it will be on your blog in the near future!

2 Comments:

Blogger pabhc said...

A little message with 3 points:

1) Tak for sidst! Det var rigtige fedt!

2) Tak for din gave

3) Nice copy-cat version of the music player ;)

PS. Hope everything else is going fine, and see you around here again! This time with some Julebryg!

ses!

12:06 PM  
Blogger MARIANO said...

Hey! What's with the music? Nice touch...

About the scholarships... Well, i suppose the whole point is in your country you CAN get a job and save some money to study afterwards... Try that in Argentina! On the other hand, i agree that it's discriminatory that someone can't attend uni right away just because they're in a situation where they can get a job and save for it. Messed up!

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home