The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Monday, October 30, 2006

Sitemeter

I don't know if you "found" the Sitemeter thing on my blog, it is a function that makes it possible to see where in the world that people view my blog from. For example, when I wrote about Hornsleth and what he did in Uganda, I suddenly had 3-4 visiters from Uganda (and the first visitors to my blog from the African continent). I haven't talked with Mathias since he came to Sahara, but I know that he visited my blog two days ago (so he is still alive). Today I saw that a person from Hawaii, University of the Nations, read my blog...Still wonder why he would check my blog and even used 3 min. and 27 sec. on it.
Sometimes I feel really bad when I see that people have checked out my blog and that I haven't updated it for a while - the reason for that being that I am working these days (3 weeks on the sea, yes, corrected guessed, nothing interesting happens here).... still 2317 different computers have visited my blog (most of them from UWC alumnis). People also use my blog as a "link blog" to other blogs....what I even do myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a visit from Matilda's friend, Malou, yesterday. I met her on Roskilde (being more or less drunk 24/7 I remember very little from there....). It is always nice to show people around the ship, especially because people think it is a little tiny boat I am working on - and not a cruiseship with Suites with jacussi, swimingpools, cinema, gym, etc.... If anyone wants to join me, then just write me :-)
Btw, we have thing called : "Comment Cards" onboard, where the passengers fill out what they think about the food, entertainment, service given etc. I got my first "CC" three days ago and it said: "Exellent, I would like to give a special mention to one of your young staff M. Frederiksen who helped me use the interent. Very different and helpfull". Don't know what the "different" means....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was in the news today that Israel used phosphor and cluster bombs towards civilians in Lebanon doing the war. Furthermore, they have used depleted uran in their bullets. As that shouldn't be enough they have also shot "warnings missiles" towards the German (and only German warship) there are outside Lebanon and they have try to crash a helicopter with an F16. I can't understand why Israel sometimes want to be treated different of focus on their own suffering all the time when things like this happens.
This is not even the first time in recent history that they do "fuck ups", who doesn't remember the shelling of Qana in 1996 where 106 civilians died during the "Operation Grapes of Wrath" and again in 2006 in the Qana airstrike where at least 56 civilians died....during the same war that Israel bombed UN buildings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for a flat in CPH these days where I can move in with Klaus or alone... it of course all depends on if I ever get into Journalism in Århus, nevertheless, I found a pretty nice 56 m2 flat in CPH where I can move in from May or june.... Louise and Pablo also got a very nice flat in CPH where they are moving in together now.
Did I tell anyone that I am working on my birthday (the 21st of dec., Christmas and on New Year?!?)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


[Matthias is about to be stoned to death]
Matthias: Look, I don't think it ought to be blasphemy, just for saying "Jehovah".
[Everyone gasps]
Jewish Official: You're only making it worse for yourself!
Matthias: Making it worse?! How can it be worse? Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Overhovedet ikke doed - tvaertimod!

Tjek din mail.

9:25 AM  
Blogger MARIANO said...

Ok, i'll go back to the main page and try to find the sitemeter thing... I want it for my blog, too!

As for Jehovah, i watched "Life of Brian" over the weekend; the last bit of your post made me remember the stoning scene. Heheheh.

PS: I don't think John is taking the IB! That was just a hypothetical record of progress for a hypothetical John who was taking 7 subjects in Chris's blog, wasn't it?

11:57 AM  
Blogger ...The eyes of the world said...

Dear Mariano (and other people with interest).
you can find the sitemeter in the button of the page, a little green thing.
I thought that JLo took the IB, damn... now he is still a normal white anglo-saxian rector in the mid-fifties.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mads, du hade heller inte bloggat på över en vecka! Men nu har jag också visat livstecken. Alt godt?

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home