The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ode to the Book

Sometimes I forget what a great poet Ricardo Eliecer NeftalĂ­ Reyes Basoalto, better known as Pablo Neruda was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on my way

with dust in my shoes

free of mythology:

send books back to their shelves,

I'm going down into the streets.

I learned about life

from life itself,

love I learned in a single kiss

and could teach no one anything

except that I have lived

with something in common among men,

when fighting with them,

when saying all their say in my song.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Neruda.... Have you seen Il Postino? One of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home