The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Friday, October 13, 2006

Music

It is always a pleasure to re-discover an old CD that you have forgotten everything about. I had to do some boring packing of 200 letters today, so I needed some music that would cheer me up, but also some music that hasn’t been “worn out” yet… I found Romanza with Andrea Bochelli and what an album. I got this strange feeling of being melancholic, a feeling I have more and more rarely these days.

Normally I don’t like German music; nevertheless, Tokio Hotel was quite a surprise to listen to.

I watched a documentary about AQUA yesterday and I realized that even though I was never a fan, the band played a big part of my teenage years. I remembered all the songs, “Rose Are Red”, “Doctor Jones”, “Turn Back Time”, “Cartoon Heroes”, “Around The World”, “Lollipop” and of course “Barbie Girl”. In Denmark we were very proud of them in the late 90’s and they sold more CD’s than for example U2 at some point… A little country like Denmark had a big band like AQUA, which was something special. I even remember that I went to the second last concert they played and it was an amazing stage show! Dear AQUA, maybe I didn’t support or listen to you when you were big and famous, however, I still feel that the music belongs to a part of my Life.

Yesterday I felt asleep to Charlie Parker, Duke Ellington, Chet Baker, Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis and Louis Armstrong. I slept wonderful that night and I took the jazz with me in the dreams.

Have you ever heard about Teitur?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kW4O0LMBMc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home