The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Monday, January 15, 2007

On Sea again

I am sitting here again. In my own little office, in my own ugly uniform, with my own beautiful seaview. The ship has been in dock the last four days, but do you care? I doubt it.
Now the real working Life will start again and 10 days together with screaming kids and drunk norwegians (same,same, but different) will be all around me asking me questions.

I wrote a letter to a famous danish author yesterday, I don't expect him to write back (because they only answer when you write them e-mails), but I just felt like writing this person who has been giving me so much insperation, now I just hope that he reads it and not his secretary.

I have realized that I could live the Life I am living right now for many more years. Yes, I know that some of you might say: "noooo Mads, you have so much more in you" etc etc, however I must admit that I enjoy working for 12 hours for 14 days and then just have 14 days off just to read and relax in, furthermore I earn a lot of money so I can buy even more books.
I just finished "The Sorrows of Young Werther" by Goethe, probably one of the best books I have ever read, just afterwards I read "Veronkia Decides to Die" by Coelho and then I read "Radiator" by a danish novelist. All three books is about suicide in one sense of another, hence it was a great pleasure to read Coelhos book "11 minutes" that focus on Love and Sex...two thing I have almost stopped beliveing in the last couple of weeks, nonetheless this book gave me some hope.

Oh, back to where I started. I have realized that I could continue working on this cruiseship for many more years, actually I don't find it as attractive as I did two years ago to go to university. Especially not when talking with all the people who are doing their exams these days... Still I decided to apply to UCAS, I applied to Goldsmith College for "Media & Communication" and "Media & Litterature", I also applied to the same course as I did at the college, that was at Queen Mary and "Journalism and Contemporary History". Just to write some more, I ended up applying to LSE (most as a joke) and at Edinburgh, mostly because Matt helped me out with some of my personal statement and recomendations. In the next month to come I will most likely apply to some Danish universities....why not?

So, the plans until then. I know I will be going to London on the 27th of January with Klaus and later Mathias. I will go to Cuba on the 8th of April with my family and then I will most likely go interrailing in June, trying to see how good www.couchsurfing.com is. Then Roskilde with Mathias is coming in july and finally...yes, I still don't know what the BIG BANG before university should be....Something extreme.... maybe just something relaxing.

I visited Mathias here the other day, he is going back to the college in some days....I am going back to the college in some eight years time....interesting thought. More interesting could be to see myself come back to the college as a teacher, like Bente and Yoki did, I would actually like to do that.

Okay, thats all for now. I will go and jump in the Big Blue Sea. Au revoir!

1 Comments:

Blogger derniko said...

You in London from the 27th? I'll be down from the 30th in the morning, until Thursday night, seeing Alegria with my friend on Wednesday night. I'll be with my friend most of the time, but maybe we'll all have a chance to meet up at some point :D !

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home