The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Sunday, January 21, 2007

White Power....

There is white power in Oslo today, the city is all covered in thick layer of snow. It looks like the "good old" Oslo - just with cotton wool.
As I have written earlier in this blog, I really do not like snow. Especially not when I have to be outside! For me snow is rain, that just stays.
On the other hand, I must admit that sitting inside, with a good book (or another "person" that you like to spend time with), a good hot cup with warm tea and maybe even some quiet jazz playing in the background, only disturbed by the sound of the burning wood in the fireplace... and then if I even had some of my mothers wonderful homebacked cakes, yes then I don't mind the snow outside...actually,that makes everything much "Hyggeliger" (cosy).

Yesterday night we had storm weather, 28 m/sec and 6-7 meters high waves. That not only meant that the drunk guests were puking all over the ship but also that we were 1½ hours delayed...damn, 1½ hours extra work (in my already 12 hours workingday.)

I think I will go outside today. Step in the deep snow. Touch some of it - and then send a happy thought to all Humvee owners in the world. Because of Global Warming I had a wonderful warm winter without any snow in Denmark.

Actually, I had one good experiences with snow, that was on Ski-week were we celebrated Mica's birthday in our homemade wonderful and fantastic snowcave. (Eske - the Danish version of Crocodile Dundee and McGyver showed us "how to survive in the tough Norwegian Nature only with a showel and a candle).

Six days left and I will be on my way to the land of fish n' chips and Earl Grey tea with milk.
Cheers Chap!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

En och en halv timme!? Autch. Vi har också snö i Helsingfors, äntligen! Jag känner mig alldeles julig i magen först nu - snacka om dåliga reflexer...

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeg fatter ikke hvordan nogen som helst kan hade sne... sne gør mig så pisse glad! :) vågnede til et sne dækket århus idag og kunne slet ikke lade vær med at smile - også selvom jeg fik udleveret min sidste eksamen i dag. sne = smil og happy times! glad glad ak. but then again, måske er det bare fordi at jeg er halv eskimo og du er dansker?
go' tur til london din heldige skid! -vil tænke på jer nede fra det forhåbentligt snedækket Avoriaz, frankrig ;) kram

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home