The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Eyes

One question, another question, a third question, the 1000nd question, they just keep coming. I have estimated that I talk with around 542 different people a day (yes, I have a little free time) and this is not included friends and other crew onboard.

Yesterday was a day like every other day onboard the Pearl of Scandinavia. I was answering questions and pointing directions when suddenly someone stopped my empty mindflow. It was a man a bit older than me looking very "latin" and his two female friends who also looked very latinamerican, one of them just got stucked in my head. It was not because of her perfect created body, her wonderful smile or her charming accent, no, what stucked me was her eyes.
I see so many people in the eyes everyday, just working not thinking, however this girl made my brain stopped and my heart started to pump just a little faster. She barely spoke any english or norwegian, but her male friend was fluent in Norwegian. They came to ask quite a lot of questions the whole night and I had to concentrate on focusing on all three of them and not only her when I answered them.

Her eyes took me from the ground and lifted me up in the sky, far far away from work and responsibilities, her eyes talked with me, she smiled, I smiled back.
When the ship dock and the passengers had to leave the ship she was sitting right in front of me, waiting for the line of people to move, I had eyecontact with her again and also "smile contact". She walked down the stairs talking with her friends, but then suddenly she stops, turns around, look at me and blink.

I wish I could see this wonderful blink of this wonderful woman soon again.
It reminds me of the story of the Princess who had a beautiful bird that came to hear window everyday and sang the most wonderful songs in the world. One day, the princess captured the bird and locked it inside a cave - soon it started to loose is feathers and only 3 days later the bird died. The princess got very depressed when she realized what she had done, so she killed herself. She realized that the love for the bird only existed when the bird was free and volunterily came back to the window to sing everyday. Sometimes you have to let the people you love just fly away and let the memory stay in the heart....

I let my bird fly away today... Hope she will come back again so I once again can see these two magic stars in her eyes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just made my cynical given-up-on-love-stomach create a tiny butterfly wing.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home