The Eyes of the World

One day you will wake up and find out that you are the eyes of the world!

Name:
Location: Haslev, Denmark

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I just finished reading the news, almost a civilwar in Iraq, 2000 people killed in Nigeria, millons of pounds stolen from a bank in London, the bird flu is spreading, and much more worse thing...and no one talks about this in the countries I have been in in South-America. It is the same with Europe, things happens in Latin America, but it only gets a small notice. No one cares.....And no one cares at all about the thounds of Saharawies who has lost their houses in the worse floods in Western Sahara.

In the middle of all these world news, I am still travelling; trying to experiences this continent that no one talks about in Denmark. My trip from Mendoza to Viña del Mar in Chile was a night-mare.... The bus I was on broke down 3 times, which meant that we were 4 hours delayed, and I arrived at shit-o´clock in Viña, on a saturday night! Anyway, I had a nice time in Valparariso with one of my friends from Denmark who found a girl there a year ago, and is now studying at the university in Valparariso. I really like the town, all its hills, and the view to the sea makes it into a spetacular walks in the maze that the streets are.
Santiago on the other hand was a big disappoinment; the only posetive I can say is that it was nice to see Kamila, that I stayed with a funny group of hippies in a house outside down-town, and that they have nice parks. The rest of the city is pretty boring, and reminds me of the main shopping street in Denmark (Stroeget).....If you go there, then just go to the parks and chill out - because there is nothing else to do.
I am leaving Mendoza tomorrow, and then I will be going to Buenos Aires, the city that everyone in South America is talking so nice about...damn, I am looking forward to it. I might go to Montevideo as well, but lets see if I get time to do that!
Today has been spent on sleeping my hang-overs away, and then I went to Marianos brothers wine-yard.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home